Co-operations with Non Governmental Organisations (mentioned indicatively):
- ELEPAP Rehabilitation for the Disabled Children
- SOS Children’s Villages Greece
- MPOROUME food charity organisation
The Group aids ecclesiastical institution organisations, supporting through them vulnerable groups.
Reinforcing research and educational institutions (among others):
- Higher Tertiary Educational Institutions
- Public Research Centres
- Studies Institutions
- Social Educational Organisations
- University Asset Management Companies
Strengthening Health Units:
- «Agia Sophia» Children’s Hospital
- Penteli Children’s Hospital
- «Agios Panteleimon» General Hospital, Nikaia, Piraeus
- «Papageorgiou» General Hospital, Thessaloniki
- General University Hospital, Heraklion
- Ofthalmiatreio, Ofthalmology clinic, Athens
- «Agios Dimitrios» General Hospital, Thessaloniki
- NIMTS Military Hospital, Athens
Support of Local Communities:
In 2014, Piraeus Bank made donations to 25 Municipalities in which it is active, as well as to various peripheries of the country, while it also supported beneficial actions of more than 30 social, sports and cultural associations, unions and local clubs.
Sports is – besides a social institution of educational character- a cultural commodity that reflects the social condition. In this context and in cooperation with the Hellenic Football Federation, the Bank contributed again in 2014 to the national effort of supporting greek sports as a proud Official Golden Sponsor of the National Football Team.
Promotion of Entrepreneurship:
The Group realises that the creation of an environment of business dialogue, information and education, helps the empowerment of the economy of the country. In 2014 there were sponsorships made to conferences, symposiums and daily seminars of professional institutions and chambers such as:
- SBBE, Northern Greece Industries League
- Union of Hellenic Chambers
- Thessaloniki Chamber of Small and Medium Industries
- Hellenic African Chamber of Commerce and Development
- Hellenic Serbian Union of Commerce and Industry
- Journalists’ Union of Athens Daily Newspapers
- Hellenic Management Association Macedonia Regional Department
In 2014, Piraeus Bank approved the continuation of the sponsorship of a special savings programme for 76 students of the Lipsi and Arki islands. This is a social action that started in 2009 from ex Geniki Bank, which was committed to deposit a fixed monthly amount for every child until they reached adulthood. The programme will be completed by Piraeus Bank in 2022, when the younger kids reach legal age. The aim of this action remains the practical contribution to the fruition of the future quests of the students of the frontier islands.